Friday, January 7, 2011

Shrimp, artichoke heart and sun dried tomato pasta (Gluten Free/Dairy free/Egg free)

This recipe is so yummy!!! I threw this together a few months back when there was "nothing" in the house to eat. Or so I thought :-)  It's a very quick meal to throw together.  I have also done this without the shrimp and it is just as yummy.

Ingredients:

- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (enough to coat your pan)
- 30-40 Shrimp
- 1 T Earth Balance ( I use this instead of butter)
- 1/2- 3/4 Cup Sun Dried Tomatoes (if they are big chop into small pieces)
- 1 tsp Lemon Pepper
- 1 Cup Vegetable Broth (make sure it says Gluten Free)
- 1 14oz can of Artichoke Hearts
- 1 box of Quinoa Noodles. (Gluten Free)
- Salt to taste.

shrimp pasta 1

Cook pasta per box directions. I usually start cooking shrimp right after I add pasta to the boiling water.
I use frozen uncooked already cleaned shrimp.  Thaw shrimp in a bowl of water, just enough to cover shrimp.  This usually only takes a few minute's.  Once thawed and de-shelled (not sure if that's a word lol) add to a pan with EVOO, Veg broth, and Earth Balance. Cook Shrimp on medium heat until pink.

shrimp pasta 2


A little helpful hint. If you had your tomatoes in the fridge and the oil has become hard, I just set it in my pasta water for a few minutes while pasta is cooking. It will loosen the oil and make it much easier to get them out. ;-)   Please use tongs to get them out of the water!!!

shrimp pasta 5

Add Lemon Pepper, Sun Dried Tomatoes, and artichoke hearts.  The hearts are usually pretty big, so I like to break them up in the pan. Turn heat to low and let simmer.

shrimp pasta 4

Once pasta is cooked, drain and add to pan and mix all together.

shrimp pasta 3

Yay!!! Its all done now ;-) I hope you enjoy my dish. Let me know how it turns out.  ENJOY!!!

4 comments:

  1. Looks yummy for the tummy Princess! This doesn't have anything to do with the dish but I like the spoon rest without the spoon on it! My kind of cookin'! Queen

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks really good. I even have most of the ingredients! When Larry feels like eating again I'll make it for us for sure!! Thanks Tiana!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummo! I know for a fact that this one is a winner, because it is now in the Carlisle favorites! I will think of you everytime I make it! PS...I love your cooking show! PSS HOLD THE PHONE!!! Love, K

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful recipe! Thank you so much! It's now one of your Uncle Larry's favorites! We will have it often!
    Smiles,
    Aunt Sue

    ReplyDelete